I have made this healthy meal twice now and both times I’ve done a “step” wrong (cooked the artichoke hearts wrong or didn’t keep the juice from the artichokes). Guess what? It still tastes excellent. All three children ate it and loved it. Okay, so 2 of them love it and one just moderately likes it and probably just eats it because it is what I served. This is definitely a keeper for our house.
Mediterranean Chicken Pasta
- 6-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (or just double the chicken broth like I did)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 3 cups hot cooked campanelle or penne pasta
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1. Drain artichoke hearts, reserving marinade, and chop them. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add chicken and garlic. Cook and stir until chicken is brown. Add the reserved artichoke marinade, broth, wine, and dried oregano.
- 2. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Stir in chopped artichokes, roasted peppers, and olives.
- 3. To serve, spoon chicken mixture over pasta. If desired, sprinkle with feta cheese. (and don't just BUY the feta cheese, actually use it. Unlike me.)
Have y’all tried any of the recipes we’ve shared? I tried Taco Soup Heather’s Way, but I’ll change mine to “Taco Soup Heather’s Way made Tarah’s way” with ground turkey and less tomatoes.